Butte and Southwest Montana | Montana's News Leader®

Man and dog escape house fire in Butte

Butte-Silver Bow firefighters say that a house fire early Tuesday was caused by candles.

In a Facebook post, they wrote: “CANDLES ARE THE CAUSE OF THIS EARLY MORNING FIRE – THANKFULLY, A MAN AND HIS DOG ESCAPED WITHOUT INJURY.”

Firefighters were dispatched at 4:58 a.m. to the fire along the 1100 block of South Iowa. The occupant of the house was able to find his dog in the thick, and they both escaped without harm.

Engines 1, 2, and 4, and Fire Marshal Brian Doherty responded to the two-story home under heavy fire. At the scene were Battalion Chief Rick Ryan, Captains Marc Lee & Bryan Cetraro, Firefighters Ed Cleary, Kurt Sheehan, Chris Mjelde, Matt Pokorny, John Liebel, and Probationary Firefighter Shawn Coates. The crew cleared the scene at 8:20 a.m.

The fire department concluded: “This is a very unfortunate reminder that you need to use candles safely throughout the year. Keep you and your family safe.”

There is no word yet on the amount of damage to the house.

Story by David Sherman, MTN News

MTN News

MTN News

Scroll to top
Skip to content